Regardless of what time of the year it is, it’s always a good idea to regularly check the state of your household appliances. You want to make sure that they’re all in good working condition, and that they’re all in compliance with Australian Standards. If you have any sort of doubt at all, it’s always a good idea to check with Perth Electrical Services, which can send over the best electrician Perth residents can rely on.
Here are some things you can do if you want to help out:
- Whenever you buy a brand new electrical appliance, you should make sure that it complies with Australian Standards. A compliant gadget will bear the Australian compliance mark or approval number. There’s a new Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM) that’s been introduced on March, 2016, so you need to be familiar with it.
- You have to be very careful when you’re buying online, as often the consumer item may be manufactured abroad. There’s a chance that it may not meet Australian standards, which are more stringent than some of the other more lenient countries. These items can become a fire hazard or cause electrical shock when you use them.
- Make sure that all your home electrical circuits have safety switches installed on them. These safety switches represent an extra line of defense against electrocution.
- You may be rummaging around your old equipment and find an electrical appliance that you haven’t used for some time. If that’s the case, you have to check t thoroughly first and see if you can find any exposed or damaged wiring. If you do find something wrong, don’t just plug it in. Let an experienced electrician look it over first.
- Unless you’re a qualified electrician yourself, don’t give in to the temptation of modifying or repairing any lighting equipment yourself. That’s just not safe at all. Your best recourse is to have a professional electrician do the job for you.
- If you have children in your home, take some time to talk to them about electrical safety. Make sure that they realize what they’re not supposed to do, including playing with electrical equipment like plug boards.
You may even want to childproof your electrical sockets especially if your children are still very young. This may be a task for your friendly professional electrician as well.
- In fact, you may want to have that phone number of Perth Electrician always ready, because you’ll want to contact a real expert if you have any doubts at all about your electrical system. When it comes to electrical systems and gadgets, safety is always the top priority and not convenience.
Damage to your property, physical injuries, and even deaths can occur if you’re not careful with electrical systems. These can result from improper DIY work or your neglect in checking your appliances and electrical systems. Have a pro look over your electrical system regularly so that you’re sure. The #1 rule is simple: it’s always better to be safe than sorry!